VP of Customer Care
Meet Instinct 👋
Instinct Science is a growing Philadelphia-based animal health company working on a unique technology solution for state-of-the-art veterinary hospitals.
We are seeking a VP of Customer Care who is looking for a new career opportunity leading and scaling a team of support and sales professionals. The ideal candidate will fill a critical leadership role at Instinct, bringing individual coaching and sales/support team scaling experience to our growing organization.
The Instinct team is fully distributed, thus geographic location isn’t important as long as you can overlap with our regular business hours (Mon-Fri 8-5 ET). Because of our customer base, the individual must be willing to help accommodate our 24/7/365 customer care experience.
Position Summary 😺
You will join Instinct as a leader alongside our VP of Product Operations and VP of Engineering. You will be dedicated to and responsible for our entire Customer Care team which is made of uniquely experienced and caring sales professionals, veterinarians, veterinary nurses, veterinary students, front desk employees, and hospital managers. The ideal candidate is people and process-oriented, a model communicator, responsible, caring, patient, detail-oriented, positive in attitude, embraces a collegial leadership style, and is a proven people grower.
You should also be excited to learn to sell, teach, train, and support Instinct hospitals and their staff, as well as strategically improve Instinct’s sales and support processes for long-term growth. This role will find you leading and working with our sales and support team, providing high-quality customer care to all our prospective, new, and existing Instinct customers. The ideal candidate will also embrace a role as a company evangelist, providing a respected outward face for industry presentations, relationships, and brand awareness.
This position will require a regular travel schedule (pandemic-pending) where you may spend up to 25-50% of your time traveling for sales/marketing purposes and to customer locations embedded with our customer care team, observing, coaching, and helping support/consult with our valued customers.
We’re Looking for Someone With ⚡
* At least 6 years experience leading, managing, scaling, and growing teams
* Excellent people skills, emotional intelligence, and excitement for management
* Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
* Experience with speaking and writing (modern writing/presenting/communication)
* Experience with customer support and business development activities
* Ability to problem solve and make sound decisions under pressure
* Ability to work efficiently from home as part of a distributed team
* Ability to travel frequently, as needed
* Ability to have flexible working hours that will include sharing responsibility and backup for nights, weekends, and holidays
* Basic software tool proficiency: G-Suite, Gmail, Google Drive, Google Docs, Spreadsheets, and more
Bonus Experience 💡
* Software sales, implementation, and support experience
* Veterinary specialty hospital or veterinary hospital management experience
* Understanding of veterinary terminology and basic veterinary medical knowledge
* Experience using Instinct
A Sneak Peek at Team Instinct 🔭
The Instinct team consists of a unique mix of veterinary and technology experts who offer years of experience developing and commercializing point-of-care software for the veterinary industry.
Instinct fosters a diverse, inclusive, transparent, professional, and fun work environment. As a fully distributed team, we value teammates with strong communication and organizational skills. We’re building a company that reflects our care for every individual, treating each team member well by going out of our way to help one another in the short-term and pushing for growth in the long-term.
A major part of this role will have you working side-by-side with our customer support and sales team implementing Instinct for the hospitals we serve. Your contributions and leadership will greatly shape the workflows for some of the most advanced veterinary centers on the planet.
Salary and Benefits Highlights 🌞
* We offer a supportive, innovative, and caring work environment
* We pay our team well (based on experience)
* We give our team owner-like flexibility over work and time off
* We offer health, vision, dental insurance, and 401K
* We offer a generous home office and professional development stipend
* We provide all-expense-paid travel to hospitals and our retreats
Learn More About Us 👓
https://www.instinct.vet - Corporate website
https://pickthebrain.instinct.vet - Our new blog called Pick the Brain that has articles that will help you understand a little more about how we engage and help our customers—besides writing awesome software.
Instinct Science is a greater Philadelphia-based animal health company that helps the world’s state-of-the-art veterinary practices streamline their care through medically-driven invoicing and thoughtful automation. Find out more at www.instinct.vet.
Our project is supported by the Ben Franklin Technology Partners of Southeastern PA, an initiative of the Pennsylvania Department of Community and Economic Development funded by the Ben Franklin Technology Development Authority.
Instinct is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a work environment free from harassment or discrimination in any form. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, family or parental status, national origin, ancestry, veteran, or disability status.